How to get to Elba
The island of Elba is easily accessible throughout the year by air and sea. The extensive bus service on the islands connects all the major towns and villages. Taxi and car hire services are also available on the island.
2 companies Moby Lines and Toremar operate excellent regular services throughout the year on the Piombino-Portoferrai route. Departures are about every 30 minutes. Those taking their own car are advised to book in advance. Ticket offices are located close to the embarkation point and also near Piobino Marittima railway station. The crossing takes from 40 to 60 minutes depending on route and speed of the ferry.
Piombino Ferry Port (Livorno) by car
From the North of Italy take the Genova – Livorno motorway and then the exit ‘Rosignano’. Then head in the direction of Grosseto - Venturina. Piombino is a well sign posted 15 km from here. From the North-East take the motorway Bolgna-Firenze-Pisa-Livorno, the exit at Rosignano and then follow the signs. From the South take the motorway Roma-Grosseto then continue on the motorway towards Livorno until you reach the exit Venturina-Isola d’Elba and then follow the signs.
Portferraio Port (Elba) to Residence Elite by car
• Continue straight onto Banchina Capitano A. Foresi - 49m
• Turn left onto Calata Italia - 400m
• Turn right onto Banchina Capitano Vezio Dini -140m
• Continue down Viale Tesei -550m
• At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Via Casaccia/SP24 - 9.4km
• Turn left onto Via degli Olivi/SP25 -150m
• Turn right to stay on the Olivi/SP25
• After 3.9km, take the first exit on the roundabout for Via per Portoferraio/SP25
• After 1.1km turn right to remain on Via for Portoferraio -17m
• Turn right into Via Fucini.
• Proceed for 180m and keep right at the junction.
• After 21m, you will find Residence Elite on your right. (Via Fucini 6p)